11. Which of the following approaches the ideal gas behaviour most closely?
(A) Wet steam
(B) Saturated steam
(C) Superheated steam
(D) Saturated water
12. Lap joints are preferred over butt joints in soldering/brazing, because these joints are
(A) Weaker in tension but stronger in shear
(B) Weaker in shear but stronger in tension
(C) Stronger in both shear and tension
(D) The lap joints are easily made
13. Normalising does not __________ of a metal.
(A) Improve machinability & tensile strength
(B) Remove internal stresses
(C) Refine the structure
(D) Remove strains caused by cold working
14. Which of the following hardness tests does not measure the indentation hardness of metals and alloys?
(A) Vickers hardness test
(B) Shore scleroscope test
(C) Brinell hardness test
(D) Rockwell hardness test
15. Gratings is associated with the measurement of
(A) Linear displacement
(C) Surface texture
16. Fibre reinforced plastic (FRP) are
(A) Made of glass fibre and thermoplastic resins
(C) Made of thermosetting resin and glass fibre
(D) Both ‘b’ & ‘c’
17. Water flow in the river during flood can be categorized as the __________ flow.
(A) Unsteady uniform
(B) Unsteady non-uniform
(C) Steady uniform
(D) Steady non-uniform
18. Pick out the correct statement.
(A) Materials exhibiting high elasticity obey Hooke’s law
(B) The elastic behaviour of rubber under compression is the same as its behavior under tension
(C) The damping capacity of a material is due to its plastic deformation
(D) The stress required to cause plastic flow in polycrystalline material is higher as compared to
monocrystalline materials due to the presence of grains of different orientations
19. Which of the following test is used for distinguishing among dry oils, semi-drying oils and non drying oils?
(A) Elaiden test
(B) Reichert-Meissl value test
(C) Hunter value test
(D) Iodine value test
20. Silicon percentage in silicon steel used for electrical equipment is about